Keto Burger Bun
I have to admit that I’m not really fond of fancy burgers, never been. Those burgers with fancy melting cheese at the top of real seasoned ground beef with veggies and some dressing. Or maybe, I just like those really unhealthy full of synthetic food or whatever you call them. I’m a certified fan of fast foods like Mcdonalds, Jollibee, Burger King, KFC etc.
When I started Keto diet, I really miss eating fast food burgers so I learned to create my own burger bun so I won’t deprive myself with my favorite foods.
Whenever I ate keto hamburgers, I let myself know that this is my cheat meal. Why? Because, most of the time, I’ll just order from fast food burgers and replace their buns with my keto buns. I’m kind of aware of the calories from fastfood burgers so I really limit myself from doing that but once or twice of takeaways never really affect my weight.
Also, I have manage to make my own burger at home. I’m so glad. Thank you DietDoctor. Here are the photo samples of our ‘cheat meals’.
Recipe by DietDoctor Keto Hamburger Bun
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Start by making the hamburger buns. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and the egg whites to the bowl while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t overmix the dough; the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- With moist hands, form the dough into individual pieces of bread, one for each serving. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Be sure to leave enough room on the baking sheet for the buns to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50-60 minutes. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the buns.