Keto Pinoy Spaghetti
Pasta is one thing that used to be my staple at my high carb regular diet. You know when I’m used to be fat. Because, who doesn’t like pasta? Like, right? Everyone loves pasta. Keto diet has alternative for pasta.
Well, some people used zucchini as substitute for pasta but I’m not really into veggie substitute for my pasta.
So, I found out that Shirataki Noodles is made from Konjac roots and is low carb almost no carb. It is a transparent, odorless and tasteless glass noodle. It is very versatile when used because whatever sauce you mix with it, the noodles will just absorb the sauce flavor and taste.
Also, it is very filling. My recipe only uses 1 pack and it actually feeds me and Kim. Shirataki also comes in Rice form. Let’s talk about the rice on some other post.
So, I made our favorite Pinoy Spaghetti with this Shirataki Noodles. Pinoy Spaghetti is different from the known Spaghetti by the world. Pinoy Spaghetti is actually sweet and savory instead of the usual fresh tomato Italian Spaghetti. I do not know how Filipinos came up with it but my guess is, it is because Filipinos like their foods savory like sweet, salty, vinegary or spicy but mostly salty sweet.
Also, I could not give exact measurements for this recipe because every person has different taste buds so just adjust the measurement into your own liking.
1 pack Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles
1 pc Hotdog
Red Bell Peppers
Clara Ole Three Cheese Spaghetti Sauce ( I used approximately 125 grams of sauce) Salt
Erythritol to taste
Cheddar Cheese for toppings
- Wash your Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles until the smell is gone. Drain and set aside.
- Saute the ground beef, hotdogs, onion, garlic and red bell peppers until the meat is cooked and the veggies are fragrant.
- Add in the Clara Ole Three Cheese Spaghetti Sauce, salt, pepper and erythritol and a little bit of water.
- Lastly, put the shirataki spaghetti noodles and let it simmer with the sauce for a minute or two.
- Adjust the taste of your Spaghetti according to your preferences.
- Add in your cheddar cheese on top and wait for it to melt.