Keto Milk Tea
Have you found yourself craving your favorite icy cold Milk Tea? I do. So, I found a way to create my own homemade Keto Milk Tea that won’t kick me out in Ketosis and also won’t break my wallet while on Keto diet.
I’m really a fan of tea. In fact, I always have a cup of green tea every night before bed. It just gives me a comfort for my growling hungry stomach whenever I’m doing intermittent fasting. Also, believe me when I say, it really helps in aiding some digestion issues and also eases that bloated feeling.
My personal favorite of tea is green tea, especially jasmine green tea. But, in this recipe you can actually use your preferred tea whether it’s green tea, black tea, yellow tea as long at it is unsweetened.
Side not: Do not use peppermint tea, though peppermint tea is the best to ease that bloated feeling. The taste of it on milk tea is just weird and off.
One time, I actually put melted cream cheese and pinch of Himalayan Rock Salt on my milk tea and it just taste so so good. Here’s the recipe for my homemade Keto Milk Tea.
Keto Milk Tea Ingredients:
Milk Tea Mixture
3 unsweetened tea bags or more if you’d like a stronger flavor of tea
2 tbsp keto sweetener (adjust to your preference)
1/8 cup heavy cream (adjust to your preference)
For the sinkers:
1 bag of gelatin 1 cup of water
1 tbsp of keto sweetener
1 tsp of cocoa powder (it really is just to add color for the sinkers)
- Put tea bags in a cup of hot water and steep for 10 minutes. If you want stronger flavor of tea add more tea bags.
- Put the keto sweetener while the tea is hot.
- Remove the tea bags after steeping and mix with the heavy cream. Mix it very well so the heavy cream won’t crumb. If you have a milk frother, it will do the trick. Set aside of better to refrigerate.
- In bowl, put a cup of hot water and pour the gelatin, keto sweetener and cocoa powder. Mix it until the gelatin dissolves. Refrigerate to solidify.
- Cut the jelly into cubes that could fit in a straw.
- Put the amount of jelly that you’ll consume in a tall glass, next is ice, followed by the milk tea mixture.
- Stir and enjoy.