Keto Filipino Coconut Macaroon
It is a Filipino biscuit snack. It is a sweet, crispy outside but very soft on the inside, chewy with coconut texture kind of dessert. For me, it is more filling than your ordinary biscuits, maybe because of the coconut.
Some people doesn’t prefer coconut flavored stuffs but for someone like me who grew up in a place where I could see coconut trees literally around our house, I super love every part of the coconut, it’s flesh, it’s juice. How I miss those two. Unfortunately, they say fresh coconut flesh and juice has high sugar content so Keto dieters, be wary.
But, I can make coconut flavored desserts and meals so my love and will for coconut will never fade away. Also, I do not own this recipe. Thank you to whoever invented it. I’m sorry, I forgot to note down your name while copying your recipe.
1 ½ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup keto sweetener/ erythritol
½ cup melted butter
drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Beat the eggs with erythritol, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in the desiccated coconut.
- Pour the mixture in mini cupcake molds or you can just mold them by your hand and make a bite size balls and line them in a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Do the toothpick test to see if they are done.